- What is the difference between "seeing" the kingdom of God and "entering" the kingdom of God?
- In order to see the kingdom of God you have to be born again but if you want to enter the kingdom of God you have to be born of water and of the Spirit. Seeing the kingdom of God is like being almost there, you can see it and know its there but are stuck somewhere else, but to enter the kingdom of God you have to be able to inherit it.
- What did Jesus Christ teach Nicodemus that he must do to enter the kingdom of God?
- He taught Nicodemus that he needs to be born of water and of the Spirit.
- What does it mean to be "born of water"?
- Being born of water is being baptized.
- Read Moses 6:59 and list ways that baptism is a symbol of rebirth. Read Romans 6:4 and list how baptism can be a symbol of death.
- Baptism can be a symbol of rebirth as a symbol of being born into the kingdom of heaven, you are sanctified of all sin, like a baby you are brand new.
- It can be a symbol of death because we are buried with him by baptism like he was raised up after death we walk in our new life.
- What does it mean to be "born of the Spirit"?
- Being born of the Spirit is to have the Spirit with you all the time.
- What natural element does the Lord compare with the Spirit? Why is it an effective comparison?
- The Lord compares the Spirit to the wind, it is a very effective comparison because it is everywhere yet you can't see it, only feel it.
Review John 3:14-17, 35-36
The Father loves all of his children, he loves the world so much that he sent his son Jesus Christ to save the world and so we could have eternal life. The father loves the son so much that he gave him power over all things, he put his trust and faith on the Son. The purpose of the Savior was to grant eternal life and that through him the world my be saved. Whosoever believes in Christ will have eternal life.