- The blind received their sight
- The gospel is preached to the poor
- The lame walked
2. John sent his two disciples to Christ not so he could know of a surety, he already knew, but he sent them so that they would know. His disciples were having a hard time letting go of John and clinging to Jesus so he sent them to him so they could see that he really was the Christ and he was the one they needed to cling to.
3. In Matthew and Luke Christ is talking about John the Baptist and says, " Among those that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Joseph Smith then talks about why John the Baptist was one of the greatest prophet he says
- He was entrusted to prepare the way for the Lord
- He was entrusted to baptize the Son of Man
- He had the keys and all the power, he was the only one who had the proper authority in the affairs of the kingdom.
4. John 3:30 says "He must increase, but I must decrease" John knows that his mission was to prepare the way for the Savior, he is not angry that he doesn't get the glory but instead is convincing his disciples of how much more importance Christ is than he. We could take this attitude in our lives by quitting the whole "I know best" attitude. By fully letting God's will take over, knowing that he has a plan and if we let him increase in our life and we decrease then we will be happier in the long run. If we can set aside worldly things to let him increase then our will will decrease and there will be more room for him in our life.