Thursday, December 18, 2014

First Week!!

WHAT THE I´M A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´m sorry I didn't respond to you all individually. I honestly have no time it´s so stressful and this will be short cause I only have like 10 minutes. It hasn't hit me yet that I´m in Spain weird right? But I do love it here. I´m homesick BUT I´m using you all as motivation not to depress me :) so motivate me by writing emails/letters ;) SHOUT OUT TO RACHEL MOM AND SAVANNAH. You made my life. Mom your the best for sending me those things I forgot I was so depressed when I realized on the plane. I almost asked them to turn the plane around...haha and thank you rachel and savannah for the letters. They helped me so much.

It´s hard here I feel like I´m never going to learn the language but I have to remind myself I´ve only been here a week...that´s not very long. But I am improving. The gift of tongues is real. I mean I can´t like go off in spanish but we are learning faster than the average person and I KNOW it´s not because I´m a genius haha

So we basically go to classes all the time. I love my district and my companion (Hna. Steinfeldt). There´s only 8 elders in the MTC and 24 sisters. They said this is the first time that´s ever happened! haha But I love how small it is everyone knows everyone. It´s great. There are 6 of us in my room (my district) and then 2 elders in my district. We´re all really close so we get distracted a lot...its frustrating because I try really hard to study but it´s difficult when everyone is talking, but I love them nonetheless.

We get to go out around town during lunch or dinner and do whatever they're pretty relaxed here. We go out side to play soccer everyday at 5 which is so nice to get out but my knee is in pain every night so that´s a bummer. I love my teachers they are hilarious. And so sweet. I have never felt the spirit more than I do now. I love it. We have pday on Tuesday this week so you´ll here from me soon :) also I get to skype on Christmas my time 9pm so like 1 your time? I think that´s how it works at least. I am so sorry this is scatterbrained. The time limit literally stresses me out. I don´t like it. If I don´t know why I was here (and I didn't until I got here) then there´s no way I would be able to handle this. It´s HARD the hardest thing I've done waking up at 6:30 knowing I´m going to a day full of classes and teaching ´´investigators´ (teachers) is hard but I've also never felt like I belonged some place more. Not that I fit in, I don´t quite feel like I fit in with all the hermanas but I know I belong here. My MTC President told me ´you belong to your companion you belong to your district, and you belong to me.´ That man is called of God. I love him.

We get to go out exploring for Pday today I´m so excited! Oh on saturdays we go to the park to teach...talk about TERRIFYING. I don´t know spanish. But it wasn't as bad as I thought! I'm sorry this is so scatterbrained. But that's how my brain is. Maybe next week will be better.

I love you all. Thank you for the encouragement. I´m sorry I didn't respond to everyone but know I love you and those emails were the only thing that got me through this week and will get me through next week. I love being a missionary. I´m so grateful God trusts ME little old Ruth who is a spaz and always gets hurt and can´t speak spanish to go testify to the people of Spain that he loves them. Talk about a blessing.

We had a Christmas devo from Elder Holland (I think last years?) I'll ask, you all need to watch it. So powerful. My mission doesn't end in spain. This is for forever. I´m learning things here that I will use my entire life.

So every week everyone has to prepare a talk on an assigned subject in SPANISH and you don´t know who´s going to talk until sunday during church.  I DON´T SPEAK SPANISH PEOPLE but of course...I got called on to talk. It was terrifying but so good to get it out of the way. And I still felt the spirit.

One of my night time teachers (Hna. Giorgino) is the best blessing here. She is so loving and I feel the spirit every time she talks. She is my favorite I feel so close to her. Also my MTC President & his wife are so great. >They´re hilarious they call themselves our mission ´mom and dad´and they are. They treat me just like my parents would (don´t worry I´ll always love you more) but it helps so much on days when I just want to give up. There´s always someone here to pick me back up.

We also get to go to the temple every week, it is such a blessing. The Madrid temple is GORGEOUS. The prettiest temple I've ever been to. Well I love you all, please continue to write/email me, I could use the encouragement and motivation I´m sorry again for how scatterbrained this is. I´ll try to plan or something next week I promise :) I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support, I need all the help I can get.

I know Heavenly Father watches over ALL his children and he listens to prayers. There´s not a doubt in my mind that he isn't watching over me. I am so humbled to teach the Spanish people in the spanish language. I was called to speak Spanish to be humbled, every day you hear one of us saying ´why can´t i say this in english it would be so much easier I could do it in spanish´but I know I wouldn't rely on the Lord as much. That´s why I´m here. I love you all, be good make good choices and don´t forget about your Hermana in Spain.

Love Hermana Terrrazas :)

ps. all the teachers and everyone here says they like me the best because they can actually pronounce my name. Oh yeah. Hey dad would you be willing to send me grandaddy bobs email? I don´t have it. Okay bye for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment