Monday, April 20, 2015

Piso...

Well we were literally in piso...all week...and I have at least one more week. Depending on how I am Monday (next week) will depend on if I stay or go home to get better and then come back. Cause I'm coming back. But the thing President was talking to me and said "Do you really want to waste a whole month of your mission in bed? Or would you want to put it on pause get better and then come back? It's only 18 months you have" So all week I was waiting for the call. I was sick to my stomach all the time. It was so unbelievably stressful. But as of today I'm staying. They said give it one more week of laying flat and to take 10-15 min walks 3 times a day and to massage out the knots in my back (from laying in bed all week) And then Monday I should get another X-Ray to see if its gotten any better and then we'll go from there. It was a tough week. Staying in piso is the WORST especially since I'm not sick so it's not like I'm sleeping all the time. But everything has a reason!

On the bright side we had lots of piso activities :) haha
-we watched ALL the videos in our piso... #BibleVideoBinge
-made cases for our scriptures!
-listened to Sunday Afternoon of Conference! (Can we just talk about how AMAZING that was?)
-wrote letters/made cards (so whoever wrote me your in store..those who didn't sorry...missed your chance! Jk there's always time WRITE AWAY)
-Learned how to play a little Ukele :D
-For language study we got creative we watched the Joseph Smith movie...in SPANISH (I understood it so that was exciting!), played UNO (that's spanish right?), AND Learned all the children songs in spanish! SO much fun!
- Sidenote: we got bored and watched the Restorration in Tagalog (Christopher!!!)
-Embroidered pillow!! (I'll send pictures, my companion is a MACHINE)
Hermana Lamoreaux and Birch are angels and did splits with us so Hermana Een could work a little bit and so our area wasn't COMPLETELY neglected. It was nice. So that was fun! Hermana Lamoreaux is the one who taught me the Ukele and we also made crepes :)

We decided that me waiting for calls from President/Hermana Pace is:
-worse than a college dorm of girls waiting for a boy to call
-and worse than Elder Calhoun just waiting for that young man to call (name that movie!)

The Elders are super sweet,
-we went to District Meeting and they had brought 2 of the big soft chairs (for old people) into the room. Bless their hearts they didn't know I couldn't sit...like at all. (Sitting makes it worse even with the pillow, so we avoid that like the plague).
-They came and gave me blessings/listen to me cry..haha I'm a crier especially after blessing. I LOVE the priesthood!
-Elder Davis is now training and his new companion is awesome! He gave me like a list of scripures to read...well they were super great..but the first one I flip to is Moroni 8:16 ...I'm gonna let you go read that and have a laugh. (It was for the last line) but the rest were super comforting. We now call him Elder "Pomperperfect scripture" mostly because we don't know how to actually say his last name.
-We could only go to Sacrament meeting and they watched after our investigators who I was thoroughly depressed to be leaving (ALSO basically everyone at church told me I was going home so that was not  the most comforting..but they all said it very lovingly and asked if I would be coming back)
-Always texting/calling to make sure we're alright and if we need anything.

Sacrament meeting was SUPER long seeing as I had to stand the whole time. But it was so nice to get out of piso and talk Spanish to people :)  Also I saw most the missionaries and its so comforting knowing that all the missionaries in my zone are praying for me.

Thats about it for this week! I love you all and I'll keep you updated next week :) And now I'll send pictures :)

Love, Hermana Terrazas :)


My pillow


Our district!


And a sweet(?) text from the Elders after finding out I have to stay in bed for another week haha



Hermana Een's drawing of our companionship and our favorite quotes :)


Mine and Hermana Lamoreaux fix for our broken broom.. 



And my scripture cases :)

No comments:

Post a Comment