Monday, April 27, 2015

Piso Purgatory

That's what we call this state we're in curently. Piso Purgatory, been in for 2 weeks now not sure how much more! But I have been getting better slowly so hopefully I'll be able to work a little bit this week! I asked to go out for like an hour a day last week and they said no...they wanted to make sure it heals, but they're sending the X-ray to Salt Lake to see what they say! So I guess we'll see. I won't be going home so that's exciting!!!

This week was actually easier to stay in piso and not go crazy. Which I'm sure was because of all the prayers I was receiving from home! Seriously thank you so much, it means a ton to me. But President and Hermana Pace told Hermana Lamoreaux (the other hermana who lives with me) that they feel like this is overcomeable and that there's still a work for me to do here in Spain so that gave me hope :)

I've decided that physical challenges are just my lot in life and there's something to learn from them! They're not easy and I've definitely struggled with them but that's okay! D &C 122 helped me a lot this week. "if thou art called to pass through tribulation...know that all these things shall give thee experience and shall be for they good...they God shall stand by thee forever and ever...the son of man descended below the all art thou greater than he?...fear not what man can do for God shall be with you forever and ever."

I skipped a lot of that section (where the ... are) but that just helped me a ton. It's okay I'm going through this, it's for a reason and God is with me. I love the scriptures and the help and comfort they bring!!!

So exciting news is we do have 2 old men investigators who luckily are very self sufficient seeing as we can't visit them and they've come to church twice now (well A. three time) and they're reading every night!!! Such a blessing right there!!!!

For our piso activities of the week besides read the scriptures, and Jesus the Christ (SUCH a good book!) we also
-cut out awkward pictures in the Liahona with quotes and put them everywhere for the hermanas to find
-made a tombstone for the elder in our district who's dying this transfer
-made lemonade because some creepy man has twice now dropped off a bag of oranges and lemons to our piso. We don't know how he knows where we live or who he is...(don't worry we've informed our district leader..)
-Hermana Lamoreaux made up songs about staying in piso on the uke
-Watched every other movie/video in our piso! Fun to figure out how much spanish I understand! Also watched the Testaments like 3 more times.

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and love! This week has been better and we're just taking it day by day and we'll see what happens! But I'm finishing this mission of mine!


This is our tombstone for Elder Ochoa!


Pretty city in the heart of Valencia! (hospital trips) 


View from our roof :)


​I have to have 3 massages every day and take 3 10 minute walks.. she's a great companion :)

I love you all have a great week!!!

Love, Hermana Terrazas :)


More Piso Activities


I have a hard lifee okay...


One of our many hospital runs


My companion drew me a picture to color :)

No comments:

Post a Comment