Monday, May 11, 2015

5 Months!

I hit my 5 month mark! It seems weird since I've been telling people 5 months for awhile. I can't decide if that feels like a long time or a short time. Depends on the day. Haha.

This week was WONDERFUL! First of all I got to see you guys and that just made me so happy! I'm so glad we got to Skype! It was so much fun! I love you all tons. I think I did better with the crying this time right? I promise I don't cry that much normally its just when I see your faces. It was super awkward cause the Elders were over at the Americans skyping as well and so I get off and I'm crying and they both just look at me and are like "uhhh...are you okay?" haha but I got over it pretty quick and it was good to be with S. and D. and the Elders! More people to distract me. We had an amazing dinner S. was making while we Skyped! Also apparently when Dad said that President thinks a lot of us too Elder Davis in the background went "so does their district leader.." He's our district leader. haha So it was definitely easier this time than in the MTC! I was the only one who cried which was super lame. But it just means I love you more than they love their families right ;)

The second reason this week was so amazing was because I got to WORK! Ah it felt so nice. And like nothing had changed. Like those 3 weeks of piso never happened. On Monday we took a train to Barcelona we sat by districts on the train, it was super fun! Mostly the 2 old elders who are about to die just told us mission stories and we laughed. They bickered a bit and complained about being hungry a lot. So we gave them our food we actually ate before. We felt like mothers.

In Barcelona I got to stay with Hermana Schmidt and Wiseman who were both in the MTC with me! SO MUCH FUN! There were 14 Hermanas in one piso...it was madness. There were 9 mattresses on the floor and 2 couches so we all just crammed there and it worked. I probably only slept 2 hours but it's all good.

The conference was phenomenal! JOLIN! Elder Dyches (member of the 70) and Elder Allen (In charge of the Europe missions) were there and it was so amazing. We all thought it was just going to be about Ipads but NO it was so spiritual! A lot of it was about the atonement which was super cool and then a lot about being an agent vs. an object. Something that will stick with me forever. It was very interactive! I also got to see all the missionaries like Hermana Stanciu and my old district which was super fun and members from Terrassa which was the best! I love them so much. I just couldn't even handle my love for them. One of them told me to talk to President to send me back haha I told her I'm working on it.

So my goal for this week has been not to pop my knuckles...not only because it's a bad habit but pretty sure I was starting to get arthiritis or something..but after a week of not popping them I'm golden! And super proud of myself!

We had a miracle! We have an investigator H. who's only 10 and not really progressing. Well we decided to pass by and her family had a friend over! The minute we walked into the room he was like hey I know your church! I used to take the lessons he just went on about his missionary and then we sit down and he goes "whats the class on today" haha it was so cute! We just read because we've been trying to get H. to read and it was Mosiah 3 which was PERFECT all about the atonement. We asked H. what she got out of it and He raises his hand and we're like yes? And then he describes perfectly about it and what it means and I was blown away! And he was like "I don't know if thats right or anything" And we were just like actually thats ...perfect. He's amazing! We're excited to see him again! We're also going to try to find his missionary. It's a work in progress.

Bad news...we found out M. and A. (our recent convert) are moving to barrio 2 :( NOOOO. But we worked out with the other Elders that they can teach the other family and M. but we'll still visit A. so it should work out perfect. They're going to help us help them move so they can get to know them and it will be a good hand off :)

This week has been great and I'm so excited to be working again! That was a long 3 weeks but I definitely learned a lot and grew so much closer to my Savior! Remember when you feel like no one understands, he does. That is so comforting! At times I couldn't express my frustration and just sadness to anyone because I knew they didn't understand. But there were many times I went to my room and just prayed and prayed and the peace and love I felt everytime never failed. There's always someone who understands! How great is that?!

Well I love you all have a FANTASTIC week and remember that missionaries are there to help members not the other way around ;) ...but I mean you should still help them..haha

Love, Hermana Terrazas :)


Hermana Wiseman from the MTC and this is Maria from Terrassa :) She is the cousin of B. my recent convert and also a recent convert from the Elders there :) Her and her mom were there and told me I can stay with them when I come back to visit :) I love her SO MUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment