Monday, July 20, 2015

This Week

I know, I know, SUPER exciting title. I just can't think of anything to put. Haha honestly, I don't have much to say about this week...nothing exciting happened.

I still love my companion lol we get along super well! She's super funny and we're always just calling each other crazy. It's funny talking in Spanish cause sometimes we'll leave a lesson and I'll go to say something but I'll say it in English not thinking...and she'll just look at me, not say anything haha and then I'm like oh yeah...haha also sometimes I'll be talking in Spanish and randomly throw in an English word without thinking, but in a Spanish accent. She says I sound like someone trying to learn English, or I'm talking to the elders in English and not thinking I'll say a Spanish word but with an American accent. It's super funny!

So one night we were meeting with I. and he was telling us how he liked how we were, that we gave light and it kinda just hit me, I feel like most the time that we don't stand out, well we do but not because we give light, because we're weird and that a lot of times people reject us so when he said this I was like wow, someone notices that we're different (in a good way) and its ought about Jesus Christ. People rejected the light of the world. He had the most light of anyone who walked on the Earth and he was still rejected. Our mission song is "Brightly beams Our Fathers Mercy" (it's prettier in Spanish) but one line says how Christ is the lighthouse and we are the lower lights upon the shore. I just love that!

Also I've been studying a lot about the Atonement and I loved a verse in Romans 5:19

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It's talking about Adam and how the fall was necessary, but I just loved the way this was phrased.

Today for preparation day we wanted to go on a hike...our investigator told us this cool place he said it was more a trail because all the hikes are too "pro" haha well we went...nothing two fields. We're like really...this is all you think of us lol it was funny. But we made the best of it.

Anyways, I hope you all have a good week! I love you a ton!!!

Love, Hermana Terrazas :)



Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment