Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Last Weeks Email!

So I definitely sent this email last week and it was in my sent but apparently it didn't really send...so super sorry I did try! So here's last weeks email!!!

Well it hasn't even been a week here and it's been crazy, getting emergency transferred is SO sad. But really, it's super hard to leave without saying goodbye to people, but I love Granollers! It's definitely different, it's a pueblo so it's ways smaller but I love it! The ward is way smaller but our bishop used to be a Mission President! So that's super cool! It was hard when I came because they literally had no one, no citas and no people. They've been sick and haven't been able to work so we literally started from ground zero. But Hermana Ratliff is a super hard worker so we just went for it! We've found a good amount of people who are interested so it's growing!!! I'm nervous to take over the area in a week but I'm sure it'll be great! I've definitely been learning a lot about myself and growing this past week.

So we walk a LOT which is nice cause pretty sure I'm losing weight! Haha but it's super hot and we walk all day so we're disgusting, like just dripping sweat, living th good life. Also our piso doesn't have ac so we have to leave the windows open and I get attacked by bugs. I have 13 bites and I've been here like 4 days haha and okay so I'm allergic to some type of spider in not sure what, but it happened in Valencia too. I get bit and it gets super big and purple and deep red and like super gross, and it hurts! It actually made me pretty sick for a day but we literally just don't have time to rest so we kept going which was good and I was fine the next day! But luckily the rest of the bites are just from Mosquitos!!!

Miracle story: Sunday we're walking down the street and there's this drunk guy and he starts following us...while making kissing noises and whistling so we start walking super fast and probably a good 5 minutes later I look back and he's still following us so we pick up the pace and then finally he stopped but we like had passed our investigators house so we go back and he's not home but there's this lady sitting down who was looking at us so we decided to contact her and she was SUPER nice she's from Honduras (I love Hondurans!!!!) and we got talking & she wants us to go to her house and teach her and her 3 kids!!!!! Miracle!!! She's super funny after we were just talking and she tells us how she saw us like running & she's like "here in Spain you don't run you turn around & ask them why they're bothering you and threaten to call the police, in our countries we run but here dot run" and then her husband gave us the number of the police for next time haha. It was super funny. Also her husband is from Valencia so we bonded over that!

So yeah our week has been lots of walking, sweating, and working but super good! This week we're going to visit a bunch of ward members so I can get to know them so when my new companion comes it's less awkward. Haha also president Pace leaves tomorrow! I'm super sad but I'm really excited to meet the Daytons and I know it'll be great!!!

Something I read this morning in Personal Study was Alma 7:11-13

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

But my favorite thing to do is to put my name in for "his people" so it would read: "he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of Ruth" "that he may know according to the flesh how to succor Ruth according to her infirmities."

I want to challenge you all to do that! To make the scriptures personal! Add your name in and I promise the scriptures will mean so much more to you.


I love you all have a great week!

Love, Hermana Terrazas

No comments:

Post a Comment