Tuesday, September 8, 2015

9 Months and a Dream!

Hi family!!

I hope you had a great week! :) can you believe it!?! I'm at my 9 months! It doesn't seem real. I still feel like a baby in the mission haha but it really is crazy that I'm at the half way point. I love my mission and wouldn't trade this experience for anything! Everyday I grow to love it more! I'm so grateful for the things I've learned and the people I've met. If there's one thing I've learned it's that thinking makes all the difference, whether it's positive or negative. If you think positive things will be positive, if you think negative things will be negative! It seems so simple but it's so true, the days where I just am so negative in my thinking are terrible but the days where I'm thinking positively despite the circumstance are the best days! Another thing-- about the hard days. Me and Hermana Canales were talking about this and I've come to a conclusion, that hard days build character and testimony. A lot of people when we tell them about our schedule say "well yeah but who's in your piso making you do it who's checking in on you?" And when we tell them no one, that we just do it, that they trust us they're always super shocked. Because it's true we technically could just go to piso and no one would know but we don't! The mission, and especially the hard days, build us to be honest to have character! One time President Pace told me "if you didn't have a testimony you wouldn't be you wouldn't be doing this" and it's so true! That this is hard, a lot of days are hard but because I have a testimony I'm here! And it grows everyday!

Well this week was super good! I had my first dream in all Spanish!!!! That was super exciting!!! I don't remember exactly what about...except that I woke up in the middle of the night super excited because it was in all Spanish, then I went back to bed haha

We have an activity Saturday for different cultures! Everyone is going to bring a dish from their country! We have 10 different countries in our wars! Spain is such a mixture of people! I'm super excited :) I'm still thinking about what I'm going to bring...if you have ideas send them to me...please :)

This week we set a fecha with Rosa!!! She's an investigator who we couldn't meet with for a couple weeks and we went Saturday and she wasn't there so we left and then she called us half an hour later and said she had left for a bit and lost track of time and asked if we could come back right then! So we went and we watched the Restoration with her and set a goal for her to be baptized on the 19th! I'm super excited for her! It was funny we invited her to the activity just to go and she was like okay oh I can bring this and this! Haha she's perfect!

We had Enfoque de zona this week and so I got to see Hermana Lamoreaux! So that was super fun, also I got a letters from the young women in the ward! Please tell them all thank you and that I loved
them :)

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! :)

Love, Hermana Ruth Terrazas :)



The Cataluyna flag with candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment