Monday, January 26, 2015

First Week in Terrassa :)

Hola mi familia y amigos!!!!! :)

¿Que Tal?

First things first, my address for the next while (probably 11 weeks maybe 5) is:

Hermana Ruth Terrazas
c/D'Egara Nº164, 1º1
CP: 08225
Terrassa
España
So feel free to write me. :)

I can't believe I'm a missionary! It's crazy. so I'm just gonna do a break down of my week I feel like thats the easiest thing haha

Wednesday:
So we had to all go do resident things with the office elders we went to the police station and got finger printed, I felt bad for the elders it was like they were babysitting 20 girls haha oh well! They bought us donuts :) It was so nice of them! Then we went to the church and were just waiting in a room for 2 hours while our trainers were being trained. It was FREEZING, literally felt like an ice box. I hated every minute haha then we got pizza and had a meeting and then TRAINERS! You already know who mine is obviously, but the way we got them was so different than at home. He says it and literally everyone yells and claps and your trainer comes running up and tackles you in a huge hug. I loved it :) Then we had to get my stuff to Terrassa...uhh yeah I'm getting rid of stuff. worst experience of mi vida.

Thursday: we went grocery shopping, food is SO cheap here. It's unreal. and then we had a cita (appointment) and I taught English to a little girl, they're not members so we teach English for half an hour and read the Book of Mormon for the other half hour. I love it :) Teaching English is so much fun! At the end of the night it was getting hard, I was cold and just thinking why am I here...well on the bus home my companion (she's amazing) all of a sudden told me she was praying for me and her old companion and the district leader and that I was a miracle and that she's so grateful I'm here. She is AWESOME! At first I was scared because she doesn't speak much English and it's just different cultures but we get along awesome, we're always laughing! She's almost 23. She's taught me a ton, one thing is after we pray she always just sits for a couple seconds to just keep the spirit and I love it. We can't just rush up out of a prayer, we need to wait for answers!!!

Friday: we had district meeting! Luckily they did it in English :) afterwards we get lunch as a district, its 4 elders and then us 2 hermanas. They're so funny. I swear I knew all of them before, I mean I've never met them but they seem so familiar, it's strange. SO we went a got kebab, not like a kebab in the US I'm not even sure what it was...it was weird but pretty good! We had a cita with A. who is an investigator...but we had to have a member go with us because the first night I met him apparently he said some pretty inappropriate stuff about me so Elder Johnson told us to be careful, he's pretty flirty and tries to call me princessa, every time he does I say NO it's HERMANA TERRAZAS. So we brought a member so he was better, but we're gonna give him to the Elders... it's just not comfortable. But I know he needs to be baptized and I know I need to help him. so frustrating. There's a less active named C. she has a little girl who reminds me of a Spanish Adalynne. Oh my gosh it makes me so happy. She clicked with me from the start. We're best friends. She's 3 years old and speaks better Spanish then me...so there's that haha.

Saturday: It was hard, there were so many people who needed help and I don't speak Spanish and I just want to help them. We went to a less actives house (there are so many less active it breaks my heart) and she is getting a divorce, she just found out a bunch of stuff and was just crying and thanking us for stopping by. My companion is inspired! I taught English again! :) To a daughter and mother. They're super cute. I love hearing them speak English!

Sunday: So church was interesting. Our whole district is in our ward so there are 6 of us missionaries. WEIRD. The leaders don't support us very much and they fight with my companion a lot, I'm not sure why because well...I don't speak Spanish haha but some are super sweet. Apparently the ward was praying for hermanas for YEARS and they just got them like 6 months ago so they want us to visit ALL the less actives not the Elders, but we have areas, so it's complicated. But we have permission if they specifically ask US to come we go, even if it's not technically in our area. There's a family in the ward from.......CALIFORNIA! Tender mercy. I had someone to talk to!!! During sacrament meeting I hear "dos nuevo missioneros" I thought he was just welcoming us...nope I had to go up and bear my testimony. Scariest day of my life. Everyone just stared at me until my companion was like uhh...go. and I was like OH! That's what they said. haha oops. we had a MIRACLE! So we went to an old investigators house and her and her daughter said we could come back so that's super exciting & then we went to rush to a Noche de Hogar with our ward mission leader (who's also inactive) and they cancelled. So we were sitting on a bench calling people & I just wanted to go back to the piso. Well we started walking to stop by an investigators work & my comp stopped me & was like okay we're going to practice so you can talk & I really didn't want to.. but I did & we ended up just laughing as we were practicing and this guy walked by twice so we talked to him. HE TOOK A BOOK OF MORMON!! And we set up a cita with him for Sabado :) He has a wife and daughter!!! Such a tender mercy.


So that's the break down of my week. Sorry it's so long there's just so much to talk about! I love my companion, I'm so lucky I have her, we don't always know what the other one is saying but we always just laugh about it. Her and the other Spaniard in our piso were friends from before the mission!! How cool! Savannah you could just come to Spain and we could live together ;) haha. They are so funny. They just call me princess...it´s a little odd. but Hermana Focu...I'm not sure how to spell it there's more I just don't know it, anyways she doesn't speak any English so we don't really talk but we love each other. I love my piso. It's always freezing literally every house every church every where is cold. And it's rude to leave your coat on so pretty sure I'm going to die of hypothermia one of these days. haha but seriously. Well I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Terrazas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment