Monday, March 30, 2015

Baptism!!!!

G. was baptized! It was so so so exciting! But also the most stressful day of my entire mission. Holyyyyyy. You don't know stress until you plan a baptism man. No lie. We have to get there 3 to 4 hours early to fill the font so we got dominoes and ate with a member, it was super cute! Also she was late, the person baptizing her, and the pianist. And a ton of other things. So yeah I was beyond stressed. Haha but it all worked out!

Except...so she was baptized, walks out of the font, down the stairs, they close the door, all is good. Well I just had the worst feeling and we were all singing Hymns and Mama A. (who was helping her) runs in and grabs the Elders and I just knew it, I was like oh no she fell. So the Elders come back like  5 minutes later and grab the bishop and now I'm full on freaking out. Well my feeling was right. She fell and hit her head on the stairs and her elbow. She has a huge bump on the back of her head and her elbows pretty bad. My heart just sunk. This was supposed to be the happiest day!! But the first thing after she explained to me was "Dios esta" she's just too great.

 When we were teaching her she would always say how she's like a child, she doesn't know and we're just leading her and little by little she knows its the truth. Its the most precious thing ever. We gave her the Word of Wisdom folleto to read and we were going to teach it the next day, we come back and shes like coffees bad?! And in my head I'm like "okay this is it she's not getting baptized..." Nope she asked if she's been making herself sick and we said no, and asked if she would stop and she says "of course! I feel so bad! I didn't know it was bad!" cutest reaction ever. She's just perfect. I love her so much! She says we're her family.

So I'm not sure what all to say about this week but it was crazy good. We decided to hit Pautas again because well why settle for less right? So we worked our butts off. One day we were an hour late to an eating cita because we got lost (it wasn't in our area) and so after we have no time to return to piso to do language study so we just read on a bench but only for like 20 minutes because then its 5 and we have to work at 5. Well in that ONE hour we had 4 lessons and 2 news. It was insane!! We were like wait...did that just happen? haha.

 We also found our old investigators boyfriend literally RAN him down and got his number so we could talk to her. Literally Best 2 years style right there. So funny! We were talking to an old man having a lesson and he taps me on the shoulder says hi and walks away. So we pray with the old man. Look at each other and just book it. Run him down. Ah, it was so great. He asked if I was married...I said no I'm a missionary and he was like no before, and I was like noooo I'm young I'm only 20 and he goes that's not young. Are you sure? I'm like yes. I've never been married. So that was funny! Then later that night we were teaching G. the Law of chastity and she turns to me and goes do you have a boyfriend? Uh no...and she asks like 3 more times and I keep saying no and then shes like well..before your mission? Yeah I've had a boyfriend before..? And then just goes okay and moves on. So random! I love people.

So at church only 1 investigator showed up we called at least 11. So I was super depressed. Because we were planning on meeting with 2 after to set fechas. And they didn't show. So we only hit 3 of the pautas. And literally after church we talked about areas with the Elders they left and I just started bawling. It was actually super funny. I'm such an emotional wreck. I just get so stressed on Sundays!!! But my companion is so sweet and was like "Hermana we still hit 3 pautas, thats like super good, like not a lot of people do that" and I was just crying and was like I know but we could have done more. I just get stressed about wanting to do everything I possibly can and maybe get a little dissappointed when it doesn't work out. Haha That night Elder Davis was like you guys looked so happy at church (being serious) and I just started busting up laughing and was like well, I'm glad I'm really good at hiding my stress. Haha But it's all good stress!!! Right?

So my favorite scripture this week is D&C 6:32-37 go read it! My favorite line is "Fear not little flock" It's just so comforting to be called little flock. I love it :)

Well I love you all! Have a great week!


G.s baptism (Mama A. with us)


from the roof of a building we were knocking.. it was open so I had to go! This is our area! 


So mcdonalds has a walk thru for people instead of a drive through! 
This is the heart of Valencia! So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment